Rasashastra & B.K. Department
About the Subject:
Department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana is a branch of Ayurveda which deals with the preparation of medicines by using Kashtaoushadhi (Herbal), Rasoushadhi (Mineral) and Kashta-rasoushadhi (Herbo-mineral). Kasthaoushdhi includes different parts of the herbs both in wet and dry forms. It includes toxic drugs also, but these toxic drugs should undergo specific samskara like shodhana etc. before preparation of any medicines. Rasoushadhi includes minerals, metals, and animal origin drugs. These drugs must undergo proper samskaras like, shodhana, marana, etc. before preparing medicines to avoid toxicity of the drugs. All the samskaras mentioned in the classics are performed in this department to both UG and PG students.
DEPARTMENTAL SALIENT FEATURES :
1. Well qualified and Experienced Faculty Members
2. Our Department is divided under three parts as-
• Department – Spacious and well equipped department with museum containing 17 Models and 275 specimens along with 90 Prepared formulations
• Teaching Pharmacy- In our Teaching Pharmacy we prepare near about 84 Ayurvedic products as per requirement of our Hospital every year. We are conducting almost 100 practicals of UG students every year.
• Quality Control Laboratory - In our Departmental Our Quality Control Laboratory is well equipped with various Analytical instruments like Dissolution apparatus, Disintegration apparatus, Hot Air oven, dryer, Digital ph meter, Friabilator. Routinely we are analyzing Drugs prepared in our Teaching Pharmacy for Quality Assurance.
3. We arrange visits to various GMP approved Pharmacies for every academic year.