About the Subject:
Panchakarma, meaning “five therapies” is an ancient and unique treatment of ayurveda. The five main therapies are Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya and Raktamokshana. Besides these, there are various other procedures such as Shirodhara, Katibasti, Netratatarpan, Kayaseka, and various forms of Sweda (fomentation).
Panchakarma procedures are useful for prevention as well as treatment of various diseases by natural way of detoxification. Thus it is now emerging as a form of treatment which maintains the health and harmony of body and mind. All panchakarmas are done with standard operating procedures in the college hospital.
The subject of panchakarma is in the curriculum of BAMS Under graduation (Fourth year) as well as Post graduation. This subject enlightens the students with the knowledge of biopurificatory methods of Ayurveda and other minor procedures to maintain the health and cure the diseases.
About The Department:
• Well qualified staff with eminent experience
• Adequate study material in the form of models, specimens, charts, departmental library books is available for students
• Well established department with separate cabins for Professor, Reader, Lecturer, Tutorial room, Departmental library.
• Projector facility in the department for AV learning method.
• Regular OPD
• Separate IPD section for Panchakarma.